So, it turns out I may be slightly addicted to television...

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Don't Watch This Alone!!

I learned a valuable lesson over the Christmas holidays. If your husband works nights, and you are home alone, it's probably not the best time to start watching a series about ghosts and other things that go bump in the night.

No, I'm not talking about Supernatural. Though I did watch the first and second seasons. The boys were cute. I can't remember why I stopped watching. Seems like too much effort to go back to it now...

It all started innocently enough. All the shows I regularly watch were on hiatus, had their "fall finale" (what the heck is a fall finale anyway???) or did not have new episodes until January. But I had Christmas cards to mail out to my clients and hours of monotonous stamping, stuffing and addressing. I NEEDED something to watch to get me through it.

I decided on Ghost Whisperer.

I have, in the past, watched the occasional episode. Just recently when we were in New York and my husband and my business partner were lost in Queens trying to find cheesecake (don't ask) I turned on the telly and caught an episode. I vaguely remember watching a few when it first started. But I always had too much else on the go.

But with nothing else to watch I thought I would give it a go and watched the first episode of this season (5). I was kinda hooked. I watched all of the fall episodes over the next couple of days. But I have to admit, the Shadows give me nightmares. And to this day, nothing I have watched on television creeped me out more than Sally Stitch.

That particular night I could hardly sleep. Everywhere I turned I thought I saw Sally Stitch with her eyes sewn shut trying to talk while her mouth was sewn shut. I have had recurring nightmares of her. And, of course, don't I watch it while my husband is on his night shift??? What is wrong with me????

So, lesson learned. But I am curious - I think there's more to Sally Stitch than meets the eye. And I think the Shadows are going to make a comeback after Christmas. So I just may have added yet another show to my list...

But I won't be watching it alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home