So, it turns out I may be slightly addicted to television...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Forward Thinking...

Summer TV has me bummed. Try as I might, nothing has caught my eye this summer. I continue watching Canadian Idol only because my mom is now addicted (will there soon be another prime time tv addict in the family???) and I no longer have to feel guilty about not watching George. So I'm stuck with reruns of Supernanny and Extreme Home Makeover (yes, sadly, those were the only other shows I watched this week).

I have found some fleeting comfort in the Thursday webisodes of The Office, but really that just makes me hunger for the new fall season all the more. And so I decided to spend a little of my day looking for fall season spoilers. I wasn't disappointed and now I am looking forward to fall more than ever!!!

I am most anxious for the return of Veronica Mars (airing Tuesday nights after Gilmore Girls on the new CW - simulcast on SunTV in Canada). Veronica Mars is probably my favourite show on TV. I think this is partly due to the number of Nancy Drew books I read as a kid, but the cast is incredible on this show. Obviously Kristen Bell gets high praise points as Veronica, but the whole ensemble is fantastic. And the writers are brilliant. I can't wait to see what happens - will Logan and Veronica still be together? What did Kendall want? And will there be any mention of the fact that Beav...um Cassidy... jumped to his death after admitting to murder and rape? A favourite returning character (Mac) will become a regular (YAY!!!) but Teddy Dunn will not be returning to play Duncan (BOO!!). If you're new to Veronica, I suggest you check out a couple of sites: Mars Investigations and the official Veronica Mars site.

Otherwise, I'm waiting with bated breath for NBC's The Office - what will happen between Jim and Pam - I absolutely cannot wait. Their kiss was the most jaw dropping moment of May sweeps. There is some chatter that the British cast of BBC's The Office will drop by Scranton. Now, I've watched both the British and the American versions and the British fans gave no love to NBC's version but I have to tell you - I absolutely LOVE the American version. Yup, I prefer NBC's version and that's my final answer. And to anyone who disagrees I challenge you to watch both versions back to back and then I defy you to tell me you are not in love with either Pam or Jim.

What shows are you looking forward to? What storyline has kept you awake at night? I'm curious, so feel free to share.

And with that, I'm off to watch a new episode of Stargate Atlantis which someone kindly recorded for me earlier.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about Grey's Anatomy baby!!

5:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for the Gilmore Girls to start - I need to know what will happen between Luke and Lorelai

5:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Office, The Office, The Office!!! Will Jim be in Stamford or Scranton? Will Jam finally get together?

7:27 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prison Break's back this month!!!

9:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home