So, it turns out I may be slightly addicted to television...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Don't Mess with LoVe



Finally, after what seemed like an eternity had passed, Veronica is back!! And Logan is back!! And LoVe forever (that's Lo for Logan and Ve for Veronica for those of you not quite as obsessed as I am...)

I also recently discovered how to embed video clips and where to find clips of future VM episodes so I'm posting my new talent here for all to see. The clip is from next Tuesday's episode called "Wichita Linebacker" and it looks good. And if you're new to Veronica, than take a moment to watch my spunky modern day Nancy Drew. She rocks. I hope teenage girls everywhere watch Veronica because I am distraught at the thought of yet another season of the Simple Life coming back.

I'm not kidding. In my offline world I volunteer with Junior Achievement and the number of teenage girls trying to act like Paris or Nicole is shocking to me. Our girls need role models (and not just on TV, but I won't get into that here, since this is supposed to be about tv)

Okay, back to my point. Veronica's in college this year so it's cool that the set has changed but I am not cool with the change in the theme song. What is wrong with people this year and theme songs? First ER messed with 13 years of tradition and now VM??? If I tune in to Law & Order and don't here the familiar sounds I will stage a revolt.

Maybe this is bad, in a totally-judging-a-book-by-its-cover way, but I actually started watching some shows solely because of their theme music. My So-Called Life - all about the theme. I started watching Charmed because one day I was flipping channels and I thought if the theme music was that good the show must be too (and that was back in the days of Shannon Doherty so you know I must have really liked that theme song). And for me the theme song to ER is part of the experience. It would be like watching The Golden Girls without first hearing "Thank You for Being a Friend" or the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air without Will Smith's iconic "Now this is the story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute just to sit..." I won't bore you, I know you can all sing along.

I actually own 3 CDs of just theme songs. I also have a homemade tape I did in the 6th grade of over 100 theme songs.

I still listen to it.

Is that sad?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home